16 March, 2023
Research through a Lens: Irish Research Council Image Competition 2019
Posted: 15 August, 2019
The Irish Research Council is running a 2019 #LoveIrishResearch Image Competition. Current awardees are invited to submit a striking image, captured during the course of their research, to be featured on the homepage of the Irish Research Council website and on other publicity materials. The chosen images will be credited, as appropriate. The best images submitted will receive a One4all gift voucher (valued at €50 each).
Terms and Conditions
This competition is open to all current and past Irish Research Councul awardees who completed their research project within the last 5 years. Images relating to all disciplines and from researchers at all career stages are welcome. Each applicant may submit only one image.
The selected entries will be those judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. Submission of an entry will be taken to acceptance of the terms listed below.
- Images should be 2000 x 1000px (landscape format), 72dpi and saved as medium to high quality jpegs.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images submitted have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
- By entering, all participants agree to give the Council the unlimited royalty-free right to use, reproduce and/or display the submitted image in any format.
How to Enter
Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Research through a lens’. Applicants must provide the following information to enter this competition:
- Researcher’s name;
- Researcher’s email address;
- Name and year of researcher’s Irish Research Council Award;
- Project ID (if applicable);
- Researcher’s Higher Education Institution;
- Brief image description (max 20 words)
The deadline for the submission of entries to this competition is 25th October 2019. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline has passed.
9 March, 2023
Spotsolas Seachtain na Gaeilge: Christopher Lewin
3 March, 2023
Spotsolas Seachtain na Gaeilge : Róisín Á Costello